Sunday, September 26, 2010

I've been busy...scrappin!

Wow, I've been pretty darn busy again lately, catching up on all the scrap pages and challenges over at Scrap Orchard. I have lots of new pages to share again. But first a lil about what's going on around here (my home)...things are going good for the most part, I mean we are all doing great but financially things are getting tight....so I have to find a job... yeah I said (er...typed) it, a J O B. Not looking forward to that at all, I haven't had to work outside the home for a while, like since 2007. But with things getting increasingly more difficult around here and the possibility of having all 6 kiddies living here full time (Shaun's fighting for full custody of his 3 children...) we can't afford to live and raise our family on just one income so I have to work. I have already updated my resume and filled out a couple applications and emailed some other prospects online so now I just keep doing the job search and wait to see if I hear anything...it's gonna be hard though because with all the people out there looking for work, I'm not gonna be HIGH on the list of possibilities because I haven't worked for like three years!! Someone will call though....RIGHT?? I hope so because I really need a job!!

Okie dokie, now that that's off my chest...a lil more about what's been going on! Great news, I've been losing weight!!! Yeah!!! I'm so excited about that. I gave up drinking soda (pop) whatever you call it, I call it both,LOL. Anywho I figured with all the migraines I was getting it was time to change a few things I.E. diet, exercise routine, etc...so I stopped drinking the pop and stopped eating all the junk food and eating 'out' all the time and I've been exercising a lot more, it helps also that now that the children are back in school, I get to walk them to and from school Mon-Fri. But we also take family walks together around town and bike ride, it's great times shared with the family and it makes me feel good about myself which is helping a lil with the confidence issues I have been having!! (Didn't know about all that though huh?! I know Shaun says I hide my feelings pretty well, until I just get too overwhelmed)!

In other news, I hosted my SIL's baby shower the other weekend, which went off w/o a hitch!! It was fun and everyone had a great time, I'll scrap some photos and share with you of course!!

The kids are all doing great and doing very well in school, except William (Billy-my 5 yr. old) has been showing signs of separation anxiety again, like seriously freaking out every time I drop him off to school, and now that he goes to school with his older sister (Alexandra) he gets to eat breakfast in the morning with her and cries when it's time to go to their classrooms, and they play together at recess but he 'flips' out when he has to leave with his class and can't be with her. Last week I got a call from the school because William hadn't told his teacher that he had to use the restroom and he had an accident in his pants, William peed his pants in class, I know accidents happen but he's been potty trained since he was 2&1/2 yrs old. So WHY???? The only thing I can think of is he's acting out about something. So I am putting him back in counseling to see what we can find out and help with. (William has gone to counseling before for his ADHD, OCD - which I didn't even know was possible for a child that young, Nightmares, and Behavior Issues). We have come a long way with him and now all of a sudden things are turning for the worse again. The only thing I can think of is the stress increasing at home and I think he can sense that, It's a lil scary!! Hope all goes well and gets better again, and soon.

WOW, this is the first time I've actually gone this deep into my 'non scrap' realated life.

Well now you know a lil about my life anyways, It helps to write about it and then go back and reread what's posted so that I can reflect and really understand what's going on, so I do it for myself really.

Ok, enough about all that, now on to the many pages I have created and want to share.
This page was created for the SO Sept 2010 Time Capsule challenge. We had to scrap about our favorite pair of shoes and since I don't have a fave. pair of shoes, I scrapped about my daughters!


For this page I used the kit 'Ride Skate Roll' by Faith True and MLE card and 'Inkabet' alpha by Faith true. Both purchased at the SO market.

This page was created for the 'Scrap that tune' challenge. I used the following pros. for this page:
BG paper - Faith True (part of the SO mega 'Apple of my eye')
Mask, dots and stars - Jcc Sept. Premiere template pack
(template 1)
Font is Pea Stacy's doodle script

The 3rd LO was from the 'Remember When' challenge and I used the collab kit by SuzyQ Scraps & Laura Banasiak called 'Under Construction'.

Here's one I created for the 'Ad Inspired' challenge! This one was fun-using all the 'old' and 'old looking' photos. I used the new collab kit 'Family Reunion' by SQS and Jady Day Studios!

The photos included in this particular page are:
my grandparents wedding day, the house my grandparents built that they lived in/my mom grew up in and later after MY parents were married we took over and I grew up in, my Mom on her wedding day, My Great grandparents, my son William, me at 5mos. old, my oldest daughter Nicole, my youngest daughter Alexandra, My grandparents, Me only a few days old and last is my dads senior high school pic.
The next page was from the 'One Word Prompt' challenge. The one word "Myself"! Which believe me was a lil hard to scrap about but I chose to scrap about me listening to my music to help me relax! I used the collab kit 'Color My World' by Franziska Altmann, T Stroud and Ziggle Designs of Scrap Orchard! Also a template from the 'Paper Cropz Vol. 6' pack by NeeNee designs!

Here's my page for the 'Twisted Lift' challenge with products from the 'Retro Whimsy' add on kit by Amy Stoffel!

This next one was from the 'Lift a Layout' challenge and I used the kit 'Families are Forever'
by MMullens.

This one is from the 'From the Heart-Journaling' challenge and I used the kit 'Why I Scrap' by Amy Stoffel.

And this one is from the 'By The Numbers' challenge using the kits 'My Wish For You and My Wish For You Add On' both by Tracey Stroud!


Here is my Lo for the 'Lottery' challenge and I used the collab kit by JBarette and MMullens called 'Press Play'.


And this LO was created for the 'Mystery' challenge in which Britaneejean asked us to scrap a photoless LO, which I love to do btw!!
I used the kit 'Expecting' by SuzyQ Scraps! I just love her stuff-but you knew that already LOL!

This is the FIRST ever desktop I made myself and it was for the 'Desktop' challenge, but I loved it and think I'm going to start making my own every month ;)

For that one I used the kit 'Pumpkin Patch' by SQS!!!

Well that's it SO FAR for the challenges this month, I still have a couple to do before the end of the month but I wanted to share those ones!! (I'm trying to get all of them done this month-something I have never done before,LOL).

I have a few other pages but will post those later, for it's time to get ready to feed my family lunch!

Bye 4 Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment