Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!!!!!

Hello there all my blogger friends, Before I get to what I want to share I'm going to say to everyone have fun tonight but be safe!! Have a Happy New Year!!

Now I want to share with you a project that I've decided to partake in this coming year and I thought it fitting to share with you tonight because it's my New Years Resolution to actually begin AND finish this project.

If you are a photographer or a scrapper then I know you've heard of Project 12, Project 52 and or Project 365. For those of you who may not know what I'm talking about these are projects that can be done by anyone who owns a camera. These projects involve taking a photo every day, week or month of the year. Then if you choose to, scrap a layout using those photos.

I've started a project 365 back in 2009 but didn't finish. I've also tried again in the beginning of 2010 and sadly I didn't finish that one either. I think it's the whole photo every single day that got me.

This year I've decided to try a Project 52. I can easily take a photo every week and scrap that photo! Call me crazy but I'm actually doing two separate project 52's this year (2011). One for the family using prompts shared on the eNkay designs blog and one is for Project: Love, Me (an all about me album) to share with my family and generations to come.

You can learn more about both of these projects by visiting the blog links for each of them. As always the links are in the sidebar --------->

I have for you tonight, two of the pages I've created for Project: Love, Me using the iDream bundle designed by SuzyQ Scraps and Ziggle Designs both of Scrap Orchard.

The first page was created based on the Pre Prompt: Why are you partaking in Project: Love, Me.

The second page was created based on the Week 1 prompt: Dreams-more specifically what is my biggest dream right now at this point in my life.


Next I'm going to share with you the photo for Week 1's prompt: Silliness from over on eNkay's blog. I chose this photo:

Yes that's me LOL, my son William got a Mr Potato Head for Christmas and my daughter Nicole and I decided to play around with him while Billy was napping, it was a blast too.
I'm going to scrap this photo tomorrow using the new 365 collection by eNkay Designs which I just purchased earlier tonight over at SugarHillCo. Here's a preview:

Cute right? I know!! It comes with this super cute alpha (included in the You Make Me Smile mega kit):

I also had to pick up the 365 collection neutrals that match:

Come back soon for my layout using this collection and that sillylicious photo!!

In other "NEWS" I want to share with you the kit that Victoria just released at all 3 of her shops on Dec. 31st: it's called Renewed and it's one of my faves to date.

and here's my layout using this gorgeous kit:

That was my senior high school pic from 1998. I can't believe that it's been almost 12 1/2 years since I graduated high school.

Well that's it for tonight..er..early this morning. But be sure to stop by later today when I'll have for you my silliness layout as well as a coouple other newbies from Victoria that will be releasing around digi land today January 1, 2011! Wow, gonna have to get used to that,lol.

Until then Happy Scrapping and talk to yo later!!
-Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment