Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lost my "mojo"

Wow, I'm doing good this past week or 2 actually...I'm completely finished with all my CT stuff for the month already (well the stuff I can do for now). So all I have left to do is play for now, which is awesome don't get me wrong but for some reason I have no inspiration, my creative juices have stopped flowing, no scrapping mojo. So when we have no mojo and need to find some inspiration what are some things to do to get those creative juices flowing again? Well I'll share with you some of the things that I do.

First there are plenty of galleries you can go to to find some inspiration, some of my favorites are:
Digiscrap Addicts, Digishop Talk, and My Scrapbook Art, and all my favorite store galleries as well, Scrap Orchard, SugarHill Co., Polkadot Plum, Gotta Pixel and Scrapbook-Bytes. See Links in side bar -------->

Another thing I like to do to get back some mojo is participate in challenges. All over digi land there are challenges. Just go to your favorite forum to find challenges, the bonus to challenges is that sometimes you get great discounts from your fave designers and sometimes you'll even get freebies!! (Like over at SugarHillCo. every month Victoria Feemster hosts a color challenge where she gives a color palette that everyone can use to scrap a page with and she always has a gorgeous kit that you can use (plus there's a discount coupon to purchase the featrued kit) AND she also gives away a mini kit that matches (how awesome is that)?!!

There are also a few places out there in digi land where you don't have to join a forum. Two of my favorite places are the Digi Dares dot com and How Much Is Too Much dot com. I don't always play to win, sometimes I just go to get the inspiration to scrap a page for myself,lol.

The last thing that you can do to help gain a lil mojo is to use templates and there is a wealth of free templates out there. Again look around your favorite forums and shops, many times there will be a freebie template to try out with a new kit or new template pack. I love using templates, I purchase a lot of them (the best thing about templates is you can use them over and over again) HOW? Because they come in png files or a layered psd file so you can always switch the pieces around, add to or subtract from!!

As always ALL Links are in side bar -------->

Ok, now that I shared some helpful tips with you lets get on with my Simple Woman's Daybook entry.

FOR TODAY (12/2/2010)

Outside my window...SNOW, lots and lots of snow
I am thinking...I don't really like the snow, I mean it's pretty but it's wet and very cold.
I am thankful for...hoddies, gloves and long, thick socks,lol
From the kitchen...hmm had nachos for lunch but not sure what dinner will bring to the table
I am wearing...comfy blue jeans, a black t shirt with my adidas hoodie, and my fluffy slippers to keep my toesies nice and cozy.
I am creating...my christmas shopping list (I know I procrastinated big time this year)!
I am going...to start exercising more
I am reading...same as last time (still-but I'm almost finished and already have book 3 ready to start)
I am hoping...to finish my book tonight/tomorrow
I am hearing...Christmas music coming from the lil tree in the family room (yeah I have a mini prelit tree that's also musical)!
Around the house...lots of christmas decorations (care of my children)
One of my favorite things...cooking big dinners for the family
A few plans for the rest of the week:hmm nothing planned at the moment
Quote of the day:“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful
lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with
the knowledge that you are never alone.”
-Audrey Hepburn
From my canvas/lens:

Me and my husband Shaun. Created using the kit Thanks by t for me designs.

My nephew Jonas. Created using the kit Quick Click by t for me designs.

Created using the kit Stay at Home by t for me designs.

My baby boy (who's no longer a baby,lol) created using the kit Everyday Magic by t for me designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment